Preston Petty Product HEX old school BMX grips - RED - NOS!
It doesn't get any more old school than these: Preston Petty grips, in the original packaging from the 1970's.
These are NOS (New-Old Stock). This means they are in their original packaging and have never been used/mounted. However, they were manufactured 30+ years ago.
* Color: RED
* Style: HEX (Says "HEX" on packaging and "J HEX" on the actual grip)
* Length: 112mm
* For 22.2mm (7/8") handlebars
* Every pair comes with a Preston Petty Product sticker in the bag (which is 30+ years old - so I can't say if it will actually stick to anything or for how long).
* On the flange it says "J HEX"
* On one of the flats on the hand area it says: "Preston Petty Product"
These are really very comfortable grips and were way ahead of their time. In fact, the packaging even touts "computer designed".
Keep in mind these are 30+ years old. There are no guarantees with a NOS product and the condition is not guaranteed to be perfect. The pairs I took out of the package for photographs are all soft and supple (these were stored in boxes in the rafters of a shop, so there is no UV degradation). However, there were a few dirt smudges even though these are in plastic bags. If you want perfect, you should buy NEW grips, not NOS.
All of these red grips I have available are identical, but on a few the header card of the packaging is different (slightly newer) than what is shown in the pictures. Presumably the older packaging is more desirable for a collector, so if you MUST have the packaging shown or if you buy two pair and want one of each packaging style, be sure to mention this as a note when you checkout.